Sunday, March 18, 2007

Fulfilled my Punishment: Out of this World!

I finished reading Out of this World yesterday. Read about what's with the "punishment" here and here.

WOWZA!

The book is written in first person, which I wasn't really a big fan of. But I'm getting to like them due to alot of fabulously written ones.

In Out of this World, other than getting into Rachel Bond's mind (the girl who wrote the pros and cons on Alaska on the blurb), we get her good friend Kellan's view of things too, which surprised me because I totally didn't expect that. I don't read alot of first persons you know.

And that's probably what I enjoyed most about the book -- reading Kellan's view.

I got an overload of emotional feelings reading the first part of chapter 5 (Kellan's point of view), when Kellan is thinking about his and Rachel's past together: Rachel in kindergarden/high school/or just life in general together before this Alaska thing.

Of course, if Rachel would just realise that I'm her soul mate...

I'm a sucker for such thoughts, though they make me want to hit Rachel hard in the head (Of course I support Kellan. I always suport the heroes).

Unexpectedly, Out of this World had really taken me for a wild heart-stopping ride. I'd never thought there would be a your-life-is-in-danger moment in the book. But there is, complete with guns and pirates and all. Seriously, from the cover and blurb, I thought it's just a normal twist of your average cute romances with penguins in them. No danger involved. Hmm, maybe I should have taken a hint from the text under the title on the cover:

And I don't mean that in a good way...

Anyway, it has been quite an exciting reading experience for me. Me, who hardly ever touch paranormals or first persons. Now, throw me paranormals and first persons anytime.

No comments: