Tuesday, March 6, 2007

How to get your favourite author to contact you.

Misspell their name on your blog.

Step by Step Instructions:

1) Start a blog online. Make sure it's about books.

2) Create links to your favourite authors.

3) Misspell your favourite author's name in the links (E.g: Jill Shalvis becomes Jill Shavis. Note the missing letter L? Good.)

4) Post a comment (with your email & blog add) on the blog of your intented victim- I mean, author.

5) Check your email the next day.

6) Congratulations! You just got emails from your favourite author!

PLUS POINT: Bragging rights instantly. (E.g: "Hey guys! You never knew who emailed me yesterday!)

NOTE: Remember to leave out the contents of the email while bragging.



I'm not kidding! It WORKS!!



Anyway, the deal is, Jill SHALVIS emailed me because I misspelled her name on my blog. (Of course it's corrected now.) But how can it happen in the first place? Maybe I could buy Out of this World this weekend and read it as a punishment.

And yes, I did had an moment of urge to misspell all the names of authors in my links section.

No comments: