Sunday, March 11, 2007

I've gotten my "Punishment" : Out of This World!!

I got my hands on Out of This World by Jill Shalvis yesterday (like I said I would) and it goes on top of my beautiful pile of white-spined Brava Books:

*Whitey White*

Yes, I shelf my books according to colours of book spines.

Well, mostly according to colours for anthologies though.

Oh by the way, guess what I found hiding behind Out of This World on the shelf of the bookstore I was in:

Pure Sex

I just grabbed both books in one hand and ran for the cashier. And do I feel embarrassed when I placed Pure Sex on the counter? Not really, it's not like the cashier is screaming: "You perverted gal!" *shrugs*

The queue at the cashier was very long, because there's a 20% discount storewide. Anyway, here's a sentence from the blurb for the one of the novellas, The Bet by Lucinda Betts, at the back of the book:

If golden girl Zoe wins the company’s big promotion, she gets Phillip’s bonus. If Phillip wins, Zoe’s his sex slave for twenty-four hours.

A steamy idea, love it!

The book cover looks very classy by the way, but what I wished this book didn't have is the loud title. I live in a conservative country (hello Singapore!) & belong to a conservative family (I can just imagine my parents freaking out if they saw this book, or any of the very few Aphrodisia books I own). I have to throw these kind of books (with sexy images on the cover) to the extreme back of my book cupboard. Not that I'm complaining about the sexy covers.

But what can I expect from erotic romance book covers? Penguins dressed like bell boys carrying suitcases?

Read some reviews on Pure Sex at Amazon or Barnes & Noble. Check out the Aphrodisia Authors blog too.

Abrupt ending here, bye!

1 comment:

Lucinda Betts said...

Hey Fancy,

I hope you love the book! If you do, check out my latest release. MOON SHADOW just received a 4-star review from RT Book Reviews!

SWAK,
Lucinda