Thursday, March 15, 2007

I need Vampire Romance! Like... NOW!!!

Ok, not now, so I'll just have to content myself with reading excerpts online.

Currently, the only book that I own with vampires in it is the anthology Surf's Up.


Surf's Up!!

I never thought I would ever take up reading paranormal romances (or at least I thought I wasn't interested in them). But I picked up Surf's Up (knowing it contains two paranormal stories) because I was in a bookstore with 20% off storewide at that time and I was really aching to buy something. And so, with the hot bod on the cover, I gave up resisting the book and bought it.

I thought I'd like Janelle Denison's Hot and Bothered the most because it's a normal contempary romance, but no, MaryJanice Davidson's Paradise Bossed and Nina Bangs' Hot Summer Bites actually appealed to me alot more (to my own surprise too).

By the way, I want to take this chance to mention that my favourite story of Janelle Denison is Something Wilde from the anthology I Brake For Bad Boys. ☺

The ending for MaryJanice Davidson's Paradise Bossed is really sweet. I don't know how many times I read the last chapter, and oh (since the book is right infront of me as I type) *flips to the last chapter and reads it again


***

Ok! Having finish reading that, now on to Hot Summer Bites by Nina Bangs!

Now, I do see the advantage of having a paranormal theme. If it's a normal story, how would you get the hunk to join minds with the lucky woman who he's going have sex with and tell her that he loves her (in her mind) before they make love? How can any normal people do that?! Well, that sexy vampire Taurin in Hot Summer Bites did it!

Score: Vampires ONE, Basically anybody else unless they have special powers too ZERO.

The plus point of reading paranormal romances: experience especially sweet/sexy/heart-warming moments that you can never get in normal romances.

Oh by the way, yesterday I finally read the excerpts from Erin McCarthy's two books in the Las Vegas Vampires series: High Stakes and Bit the Jackpot. The excerpts alone made me hungry for even more vampires. My absolute favourite part of the excerpt from Bit the Jackpot is when the heroine Cara told vampire Seamus to take a fucking hike.

Vampire Love, anyone?

No comments: