Thursday, January 1, 2009

Oh yeah. Happy New Year!

I'm been taking a break (2 weeks?) from reading to play my much neglected video games. I'm a video games bitch too but not so much as a romance novel bitch I think. Anyway, it's 2009 and I guess the new year is a good time to start afresh, do something new, and change bad habits etc..

What I hoped for the new year is to only read good books. Only read books that I will like. But can one only read books they only like? How would you know you would like a book when you haven't read it?

Love Letters from a Duke Blah blah. I'm not really back on the reading track yet, I'm still in a play-video-games mood (playing Resistance 2 for the Sony PS3 if anyone is interested to know). But I'm really looking forward to reading Elizabeth Boyle's Love Letters from a Duke, which has a nice review at Rip My Bodice. Actually I started on it a little, but got sidetracked by video games.

Anyway again, my purpose of starting this post is to say I've got a nice end to 2008, with me winning free (free! free!) books from author's blogs, and the even better part is that I already love those authors whom I received free (free! free!) books from: Karen Kelley, Susanna Carr, & Sasha White, whose books I've just received. And Meljean Brook too, but she wasn't my favourite author yet when I won the anthology First Blood. And an honorable mention to Lucinda Betts for sending me Moon Shadow (my first free book) back in 2007. ♥ ♥ Thank you thank you thank you.

I got My Prerogative (yea I know I've got the eBook format already but-) and Sexy Devil on the 30th of Dec '08 (an almost 2 months wait!) , and thought WOW. What a way to start my new year. Thanks Ms White! I'd post photos like I did with the other free books I've got, as soon as I can stop thinking about Resistance 2..

My Prerogative Sexy Devil

No comments: