Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Google Reader, My New Love.

Oh. Am I the last blog reader on this earth to find out the usefulness of Google Reader?

I've bookmarked a freaking good number of romance blogs (don't tell you don't) and for more than 3 years I have been accessing those links from my Favourites/Bookmarks folder by clicking them one by one and opening them in new tabs. And yesterday, I came to realise that this way of checking out romance blogs REALLY sucks. REALLY.

Because I (finally) tried Google Reader. Phwroar. It's freaking fabulous. One click, and I get to see IN ONE PAGE all the NEW POSTS ONLY from the ALL THE BLOGS that I've added to it. Super freaking time-saver. Seeing all the new post from different blogs together, it's like making your very own romance community. Starring your favourite author and romance bloggers. (And you yourself too if you are like me who add my own blog to the Google Reader.)

Saves Time oh Time.

Yeah I've heard of Bloglines too but tried Google Reader first since I already have a Google account.

The downside of it (but it could be just me), unless I click on the post to go to the original blog, I can't exactly enjoy the different design/feel/environment/atmosphere of each blog. Hell I'd be a little bit disappointed if someone reads my blog only from their Google Reader and didn't go to my original blog to admire my very pretty pinky (not the best but I like it!) blog design. Hey, it's the whole package. I update the sidebars often too. Hello there! Don't just read me in Google Reader! Go to my blog! Look at my sidebars! Pls?

Anyway, if you are a romance novel and blog reader, please try Google Reader (or Bloglines). It's saves you time reading blogs online, so you can read more romance novels.

2 comments:

Jhayboy said...

I have been using this for a while now and it's great.

Glad you found it.

E.H
http://erotichorizon.blogspot.com/

Shikibu said...

Yup, I'm really glad!