Sunday, January 18, 2009

Yah-nosh.

Ever since page 76 when Davy () pronounced Val's name correctly, I made sure I read the name correctly too in my mind for the rest of the book. Janos = Yah-nosh. Gosh. Who knows how many other hero/heroine/supporting characters' names I've read wrongly.

Ultimate Weapon by Shannon MckennaShannon Mckenna really outdone herself with this book. Tamara and Val are probably the hero & heroine with the most f**ked up past (and present) I've ever read. Well, makes them special.

Tamara is not really the Tamara that I read in the previous books, but then I didn't really get to know what's on her mind and she hadn't got a three year old baby girl yet. Crying? Hell. It only shows that Tamra's human. A super crazy one I might add with the poison tongue stud. And Val? I already love him upon knowing this name. Val Janos (Yah-nosh. *Adds to list of favourite hero names). Yummy. Val baby, I will call you Val as many times as you like, since Tamara is too stubborn to do that.

I'm already very looking forward to their appearance in the next McCloud book. I crave to read something happy and sappy about them. They so deserve it so much after this tedious book. Weddings, a new baby, whatever. Something that makes me go aww. Like Davy () holding his baby girl. Oh I was hopping for a little showdown of Becca and Tamara (or mutual understanding), since Becca didn't really seem to like her in the previous book..

Favourite scenes? Probably all those of Val and Tam together. All really. They're goood together. And the part when Val had baby Rachel sitting on this shoulders. And Rachel "flirting" with him. Cute.

Hey lil' tibit: Ulimate Weapon and Extreme Danger has the same number of pages. 426. It's freaking thick (and heavy). Poor my hands. But can't complain. More would be really great though.

It's approximately 3.1cm thick.

At the risk making the book draggy, but I somehow wish the next book would have 500 pages. I can't get enough of a Shannon Mckenna hero. Sigh. So now what? Another year's wait for a full-length novel? Damn. Can I have a novella or two in-between?

No comments: