Thursday, April 19, 2007

Christmas Bravas

I miss reading a six-author Brava christmas anthology. I didn't think the stories are compromised by the limited pages. My favorite shortest novella has got to be Nancy Warren's Nutcracker Sweet from Jingle Bell Rock. For me, it beats most full-length novels.

Nutcracker Sweet is only about 40 pages (or less I think), but the story is full of substance, full of happenings/progress.. I get to know the characters and their relationship very well in just a few pages. I felt that I've been reading the story for more than two hours, but in reality, I only finished it in slightly less than an hour. The story never ceased to wow -- and touch -- me no matter how many times I read it.

And here's probably my favorite part of the story where Daniel asked for Tara's number.

"We should probably swap phone numbers, too."
"Why? It's the talking that gets us in trouble."
"In case we want to have phone sex."
"Oh."

No comments: