Friday, April 20, 2007

It's Donahue Donahue Donahue!

Rock My World!

What made me buy this book? Probably the phrase on the cover, C'mon, I dare you.

To research his latest film, he’s spending three full days (and nights) in a lush, tropical paradise with sensual survival expert Ariel Leigh.

I love reading about Cole and Ariel's three full days (and nights) together. This is what I like in romances, having the hero and heroine together all the time, every single damn moment.

I love reading about how their relationship developed over these days, love reading how they feel about each about, love their little concerns for each other during that time, it's repeatedly frustratedingn to read the words "I love you/falling in love with you/blah blah love you blah blah" appearing only in italics instead of being between double quotation marks.

And I think I fell in love with Ariel's uncle:

"... I suggest you pursue her as she's never been pursued before. And if you're able to catch up with her, I suggest that this time you tell her what's in your heart."

Oh, the ending has got to be the most unique ending of all endings I've ever read. Did I say I love Ariel's uncle? The idea that he makes Cole sweat it out to look for Ariel is just awesome! The reuniting part is just sweet, sweet, sweet, and I thought it was really a torture for Ariel to keep hearing Cole's voice but thinking that she's dreaming. But still, what a memory it would be for Ariel, and what a story to tell the children and grandchildren. I read the ending a million times and each time never fails to put tears in my eyes.

No comments: