Saturday, April 7, 2007

Praise for Personal Assets

I just finished Emma Holly's Personal Assets, and no, I'm still not into the man-man, woman-woman thing. It's hot, it's erotic, but it does have sweet moments in it too:

"I love you," he said, searching her face as if he meant to imprint her image in his brain. "Remember I love you."

Aw shucks. This is my absolute favourite line in the book. And another thing worth mentioning is that Simon's dad is really a wonderful person.

"My dad always says..."

I love all those parts describing the relationship between Simon and his dad (foster dad actually), especially about how he was a hero to Simon, "rescuing" him from the orphanage when he was five.

And let's not forget Simon's sweet mom too. Kudos to her for calling her son darling, and taking to scrubbing the floor of her home by herself instead of hiring a maid to do it.

No comments: