Thursday, May 1, 2008

Buster the Alligator.

Hurrican Hannah is a book I found in the library. Before I return it, I just thought the alligator in the book deserves a little blog post here:

It's name is Buster, and OMG it practically owns every page it's in. I didn't even care much about the hero or heroine. Nor any other human in the book. But then, if this book is solely about alligators it might not be that fun.. Okay humans. You guys get the credit too.

Ah Buster. I wish I have a pet alligator just like it. I love the way it communicates with the human race (read the book), love the way it gets what it wants (read the book), and I kinda pity it didn't really have it's own happily ever after. I mean in having a significant other. The humans ought to import a female alligator in for it.

Kinda funny, reading back how I mention the word human as if I'm not one.

Anyway, Hurrican Hannah by Sue-Civil Brown is a fun read. Worth trying. A bonus for the reader if he or she likes and understands poker. The community in the story solves very problem (including political ones) with poker. I know zilch about poker, so I get my enjoyment reading about Buster. ☺

That's Buster holding a rose on the cover.

No comments: