Sunday, May 11, 2008

Need to get it all out..

Argh!

I just finished An Affair Before Christmas (my first book by Eloisa James) and I couldn't stop thinking about Charlotte's story. I'm slow-yeah-whatever, even after that kiss with Dautry, I was still don't know who Charlotte will marry. It wasn't spelled out at the end of the book so I was completely lost for a while. But I found the extra chapter available at the author's website, which is all about Charlotte and Dautry. My head is cleared of confusion. Well, almost.

I always thought since Villiers and Charlotte spent significant time together (which seems kinda an emotional ride for the Charlotte), that they would end up together. Dautry appeared near the end, and the thing about him that bought me over is that fact that he's a pirate- I mean, a sailor. Captain of a ship. I love pirates- I mean, sailor. Okay, it's the word "pirate" I believed I've read somewhere being used to describe him. I had wish the bonus extra chapter would be longer, Dautry seems alpha. ♥♥♥♥

I know they're only secondary characters, but I've really enjoyed Villiers' and Charlotte's and Dautry's part in the story and so wish to get more out of it. Especially more Charlotte and Dautry time. Yes, it's a romance book, Charlotte will live happily ever after, but I need more than just kisses.

That's the thing with secondary characters. Sometimes, I like them so much and want so much out of them. And when I didn't get enough, I want to cry!

Especially since Charlotte ended up with Dautry. I didn't get enough of him!

If Charlotte ended up Villiers, I think can accept it when the book comes to an end. At least I've read good a number scenes with them in it and. But no, Pirate Dautry have to enter at the end and then kiss Charlotte and marry her. Definately not enough about this new pairing!

I'm happy for Charlotte anyway. I can always depend on romance novels giving unattractive old virgin maids a happy ending. With a pirate no less.

But still, damn. Typing it all out does lighten my frustration though. I love my blog. But I couldn't help wish-- nevermind. Maybe I should try another Eloisa James book.

No comments: