Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A short Hero.

In Pamela Morsi's The Love Charm, the heroine looks straight into hero's eyes. Not "look up into his eyes" but "straight into his eyes".

Yes, Armand is short. Height wise. Shorter than the heroine, Aida. But not too much I think, since Aida can look straight into Armand's eyes. I think this fascinates her, because it's mentioned a number of times. The looking-straight-into-the-eyes part.

Armand is not tall, alpha and possessive like my beloved Davy McCloud. He's not exactly the best-looking man in his community either. In Pamela Morsi's novels, physical attributes mean nothing. So I'm not bothered, even though the book keeps reminding me about the height.

It's all in the heart! The heart! Argh! *Sniff.

Armand may be the shortest hero in the romance novel history (at least among what I've read), but he's still hot in the heroine's eyes. That's what counts. ☺ There's a part where Aida was secretly checking him out. From the eyes to the thighs.. the way she views him makes him vastly appealing.

Love! ♥

"For the man I love, monsieur, I would go against God Himself."

That's my favorite line in the book. Spoken by the pretty Aida. Maybe it sounds cheesy as a line singled out, but the situation in which made Aida proclaim that is really aw shucks. Thinking about it, I getting teary again. Makes me wana slap Armand up-side-down.

But I don't have to. Near the end of the book, Aida tried to hit him in the balls (she was angry at some revelation by him). I was laughing and crying at that. Love! ♥

I love Pamela Morsi!

I only have one more book by Pamela Morsi left in my TBR. It's Garters, and I'm afraid of reading it. Because then there'd be no more old Pamela Morsi novels left in my TBR.. No, not that her new works ones aren't great, they made me cry buckets too (all Pamela Morsi's books made me cry). but I refer reading her old historial romances.

Argh, I'm getting teary yet again. I was thinking about the ending of The Love Charm, which offered a short glimpse into the future . Very heart-warming. ♥

No comments: