Saturday, May 24, 2008

Nikolai won.

Refering to this post.. I wanted to try Extreme Exposure first. But still, my hands reached out for Nikolai Wroth instead.

Nikolai is from the 3rd novella in this book.♥

In brief: The Warlord Wants Forever by Kresley Cole in the anthology Playing Easy to Get (with Sherrilyn Kenyon & Jaid Black) is the first in the Immortals After Dark series. But it's the fourth for me. First is Lachlain (yum), second is Sebastian (love) , third is Bowen (lick).

The story started slow for me, until Nikolai got blooded of course. I kinda pity Nikolai when he's teased by Myst before that. Well, after the blooding what she did to him seemed cruel. But then, nothing better than to let the man sweat it out alittle (understatement i know) to get the woman he wants. I want my man to work to get me too. But then I doubt I can leave him. I'd probably throw myself at Nikolai's feet upon feeling his- umm. Then our story probably would just end there.

Yeah, I realised I don't make a good heroine for a romance novel.

That's why I'm a reader instead, eh?

And I really-really like the fact that the Valkyries will run forever to get into arms of their love. ♥ ♥

I just realised, all that Nikolai had done - and had thought of doing - in order to get Myst forever to himself, is what I've always wanted to read about. Really. Pure force (physically and mentally). Kresley Cole makes it so sexy. Some of his actions and what he had intended to do could have been unforgivable and outrageous. But to me, it's not. It's a romance novel, it will end right!

So..

What to read next?

No comments: