Saturday, February 10, 2007

Just finished reading Natural Selection by Bill Dare...

Oh James...

This book is so, OMG I don't know where to start. I've "spoken" about it so much in my mind before I start up my computer and now I do not have any idea how I can start this post.

Natural Selection by Bill Dare

When I started Natural Selection, my first few initial thoughts where like, hey don't worry even if it's about a stupid bloke pushing a girlfriend (who loves him) away into the arms of another guy, it's bound to have a happy ending. Yea murder/suicide/family problems/some crisis whatever, happy ending always.

As I continue reading, I start to get really depressed, especially when it was mentioned that there isn't going to end with a wedding. And with the way the narrator, James, behaved, I was feeling scared. Scared that there isn't going to be a happy ending.

Quotes at the back of the book: "Brilliantly funny", "Extremely witty" -- this book doesn't feel that way to me. Perhaps I'm seriously overwhelmed by reading about how James' mind works, that I overlooked the funny parts. Oh I remembered one funny part where Victoria actually falls. Victoria falls. Ok, this is a funny part.

Back to the story, I got even more depressed especially reading the part when Victoria is actually already going out with Stefan. I was like, oh no this book is going to destory my day.

Most stories always have a great twist at the end, things that happen that one was never lead to expect.

I was so sure that James is never going to be with Victoria at the rate the story is going! Even till the final few pages of the book! Spoiler spoiler ARGH ONE SIMPLY DO NOT KNOW HOW DAMN RELIEVED I WAS when I read the part about Victoria running to catch up with a bus that James was in.

Oh wow at the amount of tears I've shed for this book, and oh wow how heavy my heart was when reading it.

I've cried at many, many books. But crying for Natural Selection is kinda the worst to date.

No comments: