Saturday, April 4, 2009

Recent Reads.

Speed Dating by Nancy WarrenWhen I downloaded all 16 free Harlequin books (a 60th Anniversary thingy), it's no question that I will read Nancy Warren's Speed Dating first.

** I thought Dylan Hargreave is really slow in the head when Kendall told him that she loves him. **

Baby Bonanza by Maureen ChildThe next book is Maureen Child's Baby Bonanza, because it's summary got me interested. It involves twin babies, and oh I love reading about heroes melting when being around babies. I don't care much about the cover though. Thank you summary. Simple short read. Great for me.

A Very Special Delivery by Linda GoodnightNext up is A Very Special Delivery by Linda Goodnight. Oooh I really enjoyed that book. Especially the hero, Ethan Hunter. He fights for the relationship and gosh I lost count how many times he got turned down by the heroine, but he never gives up. I so love that in a hero. Whenever Molly (the heroine) says "no" to any of his invitations/dates/blah, whatever Ethan says in reply to the "no" always makes the awkward situation.. less awkward.

Ethan and Molly reminds me alot of the main characters in LaVyrle Spencer's Forsaking All Others, which btw, I loved, and got me digging into Ms Spencer's backlist, which is hard, as most of them are out-of-print, which means trips to many second-hand bookstores and libraries, which can get very frustrating (actually I've not been successful), but I digress.

Wait, I want to digress more. I have to add that second-hand bookstore are gems. And I also think that ALL OUT-OF-PRINT BOOKS SHOULD BE RE-RELEASED AS EBOOKS. NO STORY SHOULD BE DEAD. I don't care. I borrowed Forsaking All Others from the library, but for something I really like, I would love to buy it, let the author earn something out of it. Is anyone reading this?

Back to my reads, I love Ethan. And yea there's a baby in it.
60th Anniversary Harlequin

No comments: