Monday, April 27, 2009

Wolf At The Door.

PhotobucketI just finished reading Christine Warren's Wolf At The Door. Christine Warren is one of those authors whom I get to know because I see her mentioned everywhere on the blogs when her book One Bite With A Stranger was released. I got interested, and so choose to try one of her books.

Hmmm I love how the story started out. Irish Lupine Sullivan Quinn smells his mate Cassidy Poe and soon went on a chase for her. Ooooh it was soo hot. It's memorable enough for me that it stuck even till the end of the book. The sad thing for me is, after this chase comes the storyline (the our-kind-is-in-trouble-we-have-to-save-ourselves thingy), and it was quite some time (argh a lifetime for me) before I get to read about Quinn & Cassidy together again and all that mating stuff.

Actually, the highlight for me (other than the chase at the beginning) is De Santos. Rafael De Santos (*adds name to my list of favourite Hero names). He's a Felix werejaguar. Dark-haired, bronze-skinned, dangerous, elegant.. oh meow. He's the leader of this council, and wow I just love his air of authority. And he's married already! To a witch. That had me thinking, oh Christine Warren must have already written his story. No need to wait! So after a few clicks on the web, I found out that his story was released as an e-book "Fur For All", but it's no longer available according to the FAQ on Christine Warren's website:
Those stories were originally written as eBooks and are sadly no longer available, but they will be rereleased as expanded novels by St Martin’s press. All you need is a little patience.

"Sadly" is an understatement, and "patience" I do not have. Damn.

Will I continue reading this series? Yes. I wish they are all available in eBook though. A check at Fictionwise & Books on Board where I frequent, I only find Walk on the Wild Side available. That sucks! Well I still love holding books, but I'm also very pro-eBooks now for all the convenience and space-saving it gave me. And I'm digressing.

Back to: Will I continue reading this series? Yes. But saying is easier than doing. I said yes to J.R. Ward and Nalini Singh too after reading the first books in their respective Black Dagger Brotherhood and Psy-Changeling series (both in November last year), but I have yet got my hands on the second books. Too many distractions. Just look at my Google Reader.

But Rafael Da Santos, I'd read your story next, if it's available now.

No comments: