Sunday, July 29, 2007

Imagine.

I have a great imagination. Which also means I'm pretty good at fantasizing.

Anyway, I just finished reading Imagine by Jill Barnett. It's been sitting in my TBR pile forever since November 2005!

Imagine... if you have three wishes...

The book is very worn, pages are yellow, but still in good readable condition. I picked it up at a second-hand book clearance sale for only a dollar.

From the back cover:

After years in prison for a murder he never committed, escaped convict Hank Wyatt knew how to survive. But he didn't know if he could last an hour marooned on a deserted tropical island with a beautiful blonde and three orphaned children.

There you have it, the magic words: Three children. Orphaned. So therefore, it's a tear-jerker. And it's a Jill Barnett story anyway, a story that warms the heart and will always makes me cry at some point. I did cry alot during the course of reading this book, but not at the ending (used up my tears). I cried with the characters, the heroine, the kids, and once with the hero.

I just love reading about the things they do on the island -- gathering driftwood, building shelter, and trying to find other kinds of food to eat besides bananas. It's really interesting, and the characters seems to have a good time on the island even they don't admit it. Must be because of those innocent kids..

One of the most memorable part of the story:

She glanced at the fish lying beside him. "How would you like them -- charred, incinerated, or just plain scorched?"

The book is partly paranormal too, it involves a genie, complete with three wishes of course.

For other Jill Barnett's books, I would highly recommended, Wonderful, Wild, and Wicked which stories are set in medieval England. I think I recommended them before, but I'm still gonna mention this again. And Wicked is my favorite.

No comments: