Saturday, July 21, 2007

Moon Shadow.

Moon Shadow with accompanying bookmark~

Before Moon Shadow, the romances I've read have mainly humans, knights in shining armors, gentlemen with titles, and sexy vampires. I've never read a romance with a with a fantasy setting. All those fantasy books I've read (namely my favourite David Edding's books), are all mainly adventure & action theme. But a complete romance story is still what I crave more.

I'm so glad I've read Moon Shadow, with it's mix of races. I love the atmosphere the book produced. It kinda nostalgic for me, I feel like I'm going into the world of video games again.

A memorable part of the book for me is actually the part where a Gnome friend of the hero, Gabe, sings about a funny incident in Gabe's past -- funny to others but not to Gabe, since he's the cause of it. The singing is a refreshing way to tell part of the story instead of having it being narrated in third person.

I was hoping for more of those singings in the book, but what was I thinking? This is not a Lewis Carroll book. I'm feeling nostalgic again, I love Alice in wonderland, but I digress.

Anyway, Moon Shadow is funny & amusing, historical with a modern touch, romantic & hot (it involves a love wizard anyway), and have spells being all ancient but scientifically confusing to me, and I love it. I also really like the fact it has a mix of Humans, Elves, Orcs, and Wizards etc. Plus Gnomes with a sense of humor.

And thanks (again & again) to the wonderful author Lucinda Betts who sent me this book!

No comments: