Sunday, June 3, 2007

The most book-friendly bookmark ever.

Quite some time ago, while taking a ride on the bus, I saw a lady seated, whiping out her chinese novel from her handbag, and then proceed to open the book to the page which is marked with a tissue paper. I was wowed at that time, because some advantages came to my mind when I saw that:

  • It's super soft. So it does no bodily harm to your precious book at all. (I hate book clips even if they're of pretty designs.)

  • Saves you the headache of choosing which particular bookmark to use if you own lots of pretty bookmarks.

  • It's damn cheaper than any fancy bookmarks at the stores. (Those at Borders are extremely beautiful, I was always tempted to buy them.)

  • Ideal to use especially when reading outdoors, or while travelling. It can be easily replaced when lost. And saves you buckets of tears. (I remember losing a self-made bookmark at school about 8 years back. My heart still breaks thinking about it.)
So there. This may not be a world-class arguement, but I still thought tissues make great bookmarks. Or maybe just about any soft cloth. But one has to wash them. Tissues are disposable.

No comments: