Sunday, May 27, 2007

Love for Sale

Browsing through Lacy Dane's blog, I came across this very, very interesting title Love for Sale by Shelli Stevens. It's an ebook.

Buy Me!!

The excerpts are here & here.

After her oversexed grandma talks her into signing up for the ‘Buy a Dame’ fundraiser, Jessica Davis gets a makeover and goes on the auction block.

And it's written in first person:

"Ladies," I turned and inclined my head regally. "I know this must seem awfully frightening to you. But if it raises money for the children, then I will honor the outcome of the auction."

I'm beginning to not care whether a book is written in first person or not. I used to be concerned whether I'll enjoy this type of book, but after reading a number of superbly written ones, I thought it didn't actually matter at all.

Mr. Tattoo waited for me near the Exit sign, watching me as I made my way down the hall. My bravado and excitement slipped a little with each step closer to him. Twenty-four hours. I would be with this man for twenty-four hours.

"Jessica Davis." A slow smile spread across his face. "So you're gonna be my bitch for the weekend."

2 comments:

Shelli Stevens said...

Wow! Thanks for talking about my book! Lacy just told me you'd found me through her site, which just makes my day.

And you know what? I was totally the same, I usually prefer third person, but every once in awhile a first person book can real grab you! This was my first book I wrote in first.

Take care!

Shikibu said...

Hi Shelli! Thanks for visiting~