Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Comeback by Abby Gaines.

The Comeback by Abby GainesDamn!

I still think back to the time when I first discover the greatness of ebooks, how I found this site call Books on Board, and that one of the ebooks they offer free (FREE!) then was a novella by Abby Gaines, The Natural, starring Danny Cruise.

I still remember I read this story during a time when I was pretty down, and surprisingly, I enjoyed it! It's seriously not easy for me to like reading any thing when I'm in a sad mood (but sometimes I torture myself). Thus The Natural got stuck in my head, and I began to check out other books by Abby Gaines...

I almost read them all ya know.

Those darn out-of-print books are hard to find :(

The Comeback didn't not disappoint (will her books ever?). It contains all those trademark Abby Gaines smart conversations and funny situations, and of course, past characters. Damn I love it!

I don't know if I should consider this a favourite part, but when Zack suddenly blurts out "I love you" to Gaby at the wrong moment, it's just, well in a way I like how spontaneous it is, though still seriously bad timing. And Gaby just have to reject him (awww *tears* but serves you right Zack).

Then the ending with Gaby looking for Zack and Zack looking for Gaby makes up for everything. ☺

The number of times Sandra appears in this story so makes me want to go back and read her story again. I can never forget the six-foot-four gorilla part. ☺

Remember to read an extra ending at Abby Gaines' website!

I still love the appearance of Trent's charming silliness. ♥

And I'm pretty unhappy that eHarlequin does not have ALL the backlist. Grrrr.

2 comments:

Abby Gaines said...

So glad you liked the book! :)

Shikibu said...

I love all of them! At least all those I managed to find.. ☺