Saturday, September 26, 2009

Mistress to the Merciless Millionaire - Read :)

  • In super brief, the hero rejected and humiliated the heroine ten years ago, and a tense ten years have past, so now they get their happy ending with each other. I'm not exactly a big fan of these types of story lines (people who parted years ago on a bad note, now coming together etc). I personally prefer to read every other type. But I still have to read Mistress to the Merciless Millionaire because 1) it's by Abby Green, 2) it stars the uber alpha brother of Sorcha (heroine from Bought for the Frenchman's Pleasure). His little appearance in that book just rocks my world. ☺
  • Type of story aside, I still love the ending to hell ♥. Lots of talking and clarification involved, so that I wasn't left hanging thinking 'hey what about that part where (blah-blah-blah), shouldn't you apologise for that too?'. Satisfaction is always guaranteed for me when reaching the end of an Abby Green book, no matter the theme.
  • I sorta wished to see more of Sorcha and Romain (from Bought for the Frenchman's Pleasure), but then from reading Abby Green's previous books, secondary characters aren't everywhere. Whenever they're mentioned, they probably last less than a page. That's another reason why I love her books. Everything, every page is always about the main couple. You just learn so darn much about them. Secondary romances are probably more suitable to be in books with 400 pages, so yeah this is not a new discovery I know.
  • Now, I do not have much Abby Green backlist left to read. So Ms Green, please write faster. ☺

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Fancy - thanks so much for the lovely words. And I'm writing fast, I swear!
x Abby

Shikibu said...

Hiiiyeeeeee! No stress though. No really. ☺