Sunday, May 17, 2009

Rydstrom.

With Spoilers!

When Kiss of a Demon King arrived in my mail box the past friday, I cannot contain my joooy.

Actually I had a problem with this purchase, but I try not to blog about it, UNLESS IT'S NOT RESOLVED.

Anyway and duh, I dug into the book immediately of course.

But before I crap about my read, let us enjoy the beautiful lettering on the cover:

Kiss of a Demon King cover.

Gorgeous isn't it! You can never tell by the flat cover image floating around the web. Just have to get the real thing in this case. Lets take another book shall we?

Kiss of a Demon King cover. Again.

Really love the lettering! Beautiful! Like Rydstrom's eyes. I was so waiting for it to turn into obsidian black, but no matter how I turn it to reflect the light, I never get it. Design fail. Hurmph.

Cutest part in the book (I dig cute so this is mentioned first), is when Rydstrom tells us about kid Cadeon. When little Cadeon's horns are molting (does it mean shedding or something?), it itches, and thus he kept running them against the walls, causing three-foot-high gouges along halls. And Rydstrom (and his older brother who was around then) did not want the walls repaired. All together now, awwwwwww. ☺

Funniest part? Nïx. Duh. The scene with her witch friends are reeally funny. A couple of drunk witches trying to high-five each other but missed. AHAHAHHAH. Oh and when three male Inferi are bathing Rydstrom. GAHAHA I love Sabine already.

What else I love about Sabine? For making Rydstrom who he is. For making him roarr. When Sabine needed to to get to her sister Lanthe asap, and tricked Rydstrom with her illusion? Omg how he roars her name when he discovered she's missing. And then him giving up Sabine is just plain. Heart. Breaking. But it only lasts all of ten minutes.

And when Sabine was practially dying? OMG. OMFG. Rydstrom roaring again, shaking the room and perhaps the entire house. Be still my heart.

I really wanted a demon. Ever since reading about Cadeon.

Ah the horny (heh) stuff. I can't remember reading about Cadeon wanting to rub his horns all over Holly (gotta read Dark Desires After Dusk again), but I certain do LOVE the idea of Rydstrom wanting to rub his horns all over Sabine. Or me.

And Rydstrom, you can spank me ANYTIME.

And tie me up too. As long as you don't make a trek through some forest with big scary monsters lurking around.

One big disappointment. No new male demons introduced! Puck not counted. He's a kid. Though kinda cute. I want another seven-feet tall one. Please?

And where's Rök anyway? Is he really settling down? I want to read that! In DETAILS.

Gosh, with the next story being Murdoch's (Vampire) and Daniela (Valkyrie), I somehow doubt we'd see some demon action in there (but I hope to hear about Sebastian again yay!). So really, how long till I get to see any demon action? I want some Rök (or Grimslade. Of course I remember my demons). More please. The Kresley Cole kind.

Thank you.

P.S: Hey I asked nicely.

No comments: