Saturday, March 14, 2009

I miss reading.

Sigh.

Today I went into a used-bookshop, walked around the romance isle, and saw Linda Lael Miller's Wild About Harry. I borrowed that from the library in 2006. I picked that book up, and read the first few pages. Then I found out I miss reading oh-so-damn much.

The last book I've read is Elaine Fox's Beware of Doug (cute book) on 21st Feb, that's last month. During this period, I've still been keeping up with the current affairs in the romance reading world by checking my Google Reader daily. I've not read anything since, but I've still been happy doing many other things, like playing board games and video games. I've also realized (again and again) that reading had been sucking up so much of my time.

But today, just reading a 3-4 pages from Wild About Harry makes me want to stop my board gaming, video gaming, and go back asap to bury myself in romance books (not that I've given up on reading, just taking a little break!), reading about love, all those happy endings, all those sweet things the hero does, and just live my fantasy world.

Sigh. I miss reading. Really miss it.

Books, books, books.

No comments: