Sunday, October 7, 2007

Amended book covers...

Saw the cover for the mass market of Jill Shalvis' Get a Clue at her website:

Get a Clue At Jill Shalvis'

I liked it~ I've yet read the book, so maybe I just might get the mass market version...

But then after a search at Amazon...

Get a Clue At Amazon...

The bottom part is blurred out, that's kinda disappointing. Which reminds me of the cover for P.J. Mellor's Pleasure Beach:

Pleasure Beach~

The more censored version on the right in the above pic is what I got. Maybe the cover on the left (ripped from Amazon) is the initial cover design... I definately didn't see it at any bookstore. I would have like to have the cover that shows more bod though. It does make the book feel more sexy.

--------------------

And here's something I've been dying to post:

Come As You Are~

Come As You Are by Amy J. Fetzer, coming this November. Seeing the mass market for Get a Clue reminds me of this. Love it!

--------------------

Back on the topic of cover changes....

Inferno!!!

This cover for Vivi Anna's Inferno is what I see everywhere on the web before the book was released. I was so excited, and also after reading the excerpts at the author's website, I couldn't wait for it to be released.

But to my extreme disppointment, the cover changed:

Inferno...

I don't reeeeally like the new cover one bit.

I have already decided to get this book a long time ago, but with the cover change, it just kinda lessen my enthusiasm to buy it so quickly. Yea I'm shallow like that... So, maybe later... when I get a pay raise or something...

Anyway, I'm just lucky to have saved a copy of bigger image file of the cartoon cover, (I think I got it from Amazon, a 590 x 390 pixel image heh) Yay! It's for a keepsake, I really liked that cartoon cover. Hades had a nice package and I love Kat's hair~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there, thanks for posting my cover! I'm excited to have the reprint coming out.

Shikibu said...

Hi, thanks for dropping by. I love the mass market cover alot more than the trade paperback one ;)