Saturday, October 20, 2007

Josh.

I just finished reading Your Mouth Drives Me Crazy by HelenKay Dimon. Love it.


I just finished reading...

Unless I miss something, the heroine, Annie seems to be the only active woman in the book. By active I mean, talking, doing something and being in action blah blah blah, and not just being mentioned in conversations.

If not for the strong character that Annie is, I think I'd be, to borrow her words, suffering from an overload of testosterone. There're just so many male characters, but then I'm not really complaining.

--------------------

I love it whenever Kane and Annie start their interrogation of each other, it's just so healthy for them. And very fun for me.

--------------------

And now to the guy who made my headline today: Josh.

I've always been intrigued by secondary characters. And for most secondary characters to have their own story coming out later is no surprise. But still, it's nice to be reassured at Helenkay Dimon's blog, that my baby Josh will have his own story. Yes, my baby Josh. I've appropriated him since his entry in the book:

One, blond and light, with the scruffy start of a beard along his jawline...

Sounds like the start of something promising.

... and bright blue eyes ...

I like blue eyes. Kinda reminds me of the heroine Sophia in Jill Barnett's Wicked, the way she stares into the hero's blue eyes and sliently concludes that it's her favorite colour even though she hates the hero like shit. Well, they did of course admit that they love each other in the end, but I digress.

... close in color to his aqua tie.

Tie? Oh, I love men in suits + tie. All men look good in them. It just bursts the hot meter of already good-looking men. And plus, it'd be fun to loosen the tie and unbutton that shirt.

... this one had a rough-hewn look about him.

Wait till 2009? I'd expire.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you! I'm thrilled you enjoyed it.

Annie is actually the ONLY woman in the book. Others are referenced, but it's just her. Congrats on being the first to really notice! I did it on purpose to highlight how Kane cut himself off from women and to make Annie seem more isolated.

I'm going to start writing Josh's story as soon as I finish the 2008 Brava Christmas novella I'm writing. No Josh release in 2008 :( but there will be others to hold you over until his story comes out in 2009.

Thanks again!

Shikibu said...

:D