Thursday, February 17, 2011

To Love An Earl by Elizabeth Thornton.

To Love An Earl by Elizabeth ThorntonWow.

I've always wanted to read something like this. A hero who wants a woman so much that he plans her downfall and resorts to blackmail to get her to rely on him.

If all else fails, bed her to force her hand in marriage.

And if that fails too, blackmail again. With her brother's life at stake.

Wow, really.

You know how Rathbourne's and Deirdre's relationship is like?

Man wants Woman. Woman submits. Man satisfied. Woman upsets (understatement) Man. Man is disappointed (understatement) and doesn't not want to care about her anymore. Time passes. Man wants Woman. Woman fights Man off. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Is there a HEA? To my interpretation not really... at least not the kind of HEA in the other romances that I've read.

The ending (not really a spoiler here) of course has them together, but I feel that the story is still on-going. I was ready to read another scene with Rathbourne being devastated by the actions of Deirdre, wants her to leave, and THEN after a while blackmailing her to be back with him again.

I'm kinda used to that once I got to the end.

Rathbourne is just obsessed with the fact that Deirdre still does not put him as number one in her life. He will never seem to accept that fact Deirdre will forever pamper her brother. If they don't resolve this, I doubt they'll get a HEA.

So I bet there's still going to be lots of drama in their life.

All those above? It does sound annoying the way I put it, but I love. ♥ I've really, really enjoyed the book.

Only in this book I suppose.

There's this part where Rathbourne leaves for war... Now I just really dislike parts where the H/h are not together. Because it's boring.

I read romance novel for the romance.

But in this book? I actually continued reading. Without skipping a part. I would like to pat myself on the back for reading them, but I think I have to give credit to the writing. I really enjoyed it.

This story is long, and I actually wanted to read more. More scenes where they fight over stupid things again. :p

Oh the gun thingy at the end, a part of me thinks Rathbourne is just being ridiculous and thinks too much... like a woman. Another part of me thinks aww he loves her sooo much and really just wants to be her priority in everything!

I have really, never, read anything like this book. ♥

No comments: