Monday, June 22, 2009

This is it.

The Mediterranean Billionaire's Blackmail BargainI just finished my second Abby Green Harlequin, and bingo. I conclude that she writes just what I love to read. I am sooo lucky.

* Maybe spoilers. *

I totally love Dante's grovelling speech at the end. (Mandorallen suddenly comes to mind, I think I just miss him.) I like Alicia's little speech too when she decided to end their "relationship". I mean wow, the heart wants what the heart wants. It gets to me.

Sigh. The whole story is just emotional. For me, it's like smaller dose of those extreme emotional reads (ala Christie Ridgway / Pamela Morsi for me). I can take small emotional doses anytime. But I stay away from extreme ones (for now).

I also love it that there's a "Three and a half years later" thing. I have a thing for epilogues indicating how many babies they had (two right?). Ooh right when I reach the end, I was immediately thinking about which book of hers should I read next. Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great review! This book sounds like a really good read. I'm big on the grovel ;)

Shikibu said...

Yea I love it when men do the grovelling!