Sunday, December 2, 2007

Will you travel for love?

Have Love Will Travel

Have Love Will Travel. I think I'm really lucky to have stumbled upon really great books in the library. Lucy Sweet. Cute name. It's what caught my attention amongst other books. Plus it's pink. I dig pink. So I picked up the book, read the back cover, and never wanted to put it back on the shelf.

Some people would think it was complete lunacy to travel halfway across the country just to reunite a man with his lost diary. But when you consider Jane's alternatives, and you look at his photograph... you'd pack your bags too.

This sounds crazy and romantic at the same time.

Hello My Name is Jane

The story starts (abit boringly, I only started to enjoy it around page 20+ onwards), then blah blah blah, Jane found a diary, read it, connected with it, wishfully thinking the guy who owns the diary might be the one. So she decided to look for him.

Jane did imagine many ridiculous (and very funny. Lucy Sweet is damn funny) scenarios of her meeting Richard (the diary owner) for the first time. Thoughts like love at first sight, one-look-and-I-know-you-are-the-one that kind of thing. Ridiculous thoughts, but one can't blame Jane for being unrealistic. Hell, I think of similar things. It's kinda normal, to be romantic, and hope your love life ends (or begins) like a fairy tale. Or maybe it's just me.

Of course none of Jane's (and mine) colourful imaginations came true. But it's still a happy ending. Although I would love to read more about the guy who Jane ended up with. There's definately not enough of him. But I'm still satisfied with the ending. At least Jane got someone. A wonderful someone. Really really really wonderful (and thoughtful) in those few pages about him.

This story also makes me learn that, life ain't that bad really, we just chose to look at the horrible side of things most of the times. How pathetic we are, and why can't we have the little doggie in the window instead..

--------------------

Another book by Lucy Sweet is Coming Apart at the Seams. I don't know what it is about yet, but I already want to read it with the hope Lucy Sweet writes just as funny.

No comments: